These brownies do not last long … They are delicious, fudgy, and include a serving of veggies (which you can’t taste). The icing adds a creamy texture, as well as a serving of fruit! The brownies are gluten free, and just 110kcals and the frosting adds 100kcals for 210 total for this dessert (or breakfast!). I also figured out the trick to air-frying baked goods, which makes the outside have a bit more crunch while the inside stays soft and gooey. In case you don’t have an air fryer, I’ve also included the oven baking directions which make an equally delicious brownie, but it takes about 30minutes longer.
Recipe makes 4 Zownies (Zucchini-Brownies)
- macros per Zownie: 14p 7c 2f (110kcal)
- macros per 1 serving icing: 0p 12c 5f (100kcal)
- I use a Simple Chef air fryer
- 2 mini-loaf pans
- blender or food processor or enormously strong arm muscles
- 250 grams of shredded/minced zucchini (about 1.67cups)
- 60 grams of protein powder (about 2 scoops) — I used PEScience Chocolate Cupcake
- 21 grams of coconut flour (about 3 TBSP)
- 2 TBSP of cocoa (I just used hershey’s)
- 1 egg
- dash of salt
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- 2 TBSP water
- 140 grams of avocado (about 2 small avocados)
- 42 grams of dark chocolate Godiva pudding mix (a little less than 1/2 a box)
- 1 TBSP water
- optional: extra splenda/stevia/honey and/or cocoa powder (I used 2tsp of splenda)
- Preheat oven to 350 if using oven method. If using air fryer, remove the basket from the interior.
- Mix together the brownie ingredients
- Grease 2 mini-loaf pans and place 1/2 of batter into each
- For oven, bake for ~50minutes until done
- For air fryer, cook at 350 for 10minutes. Then flip loaf over and cook for 5-8minutes more at 350.
- Once done, cut mini-loaves in 1/2 to make 4 square Zownies.
- Then add icing.
- Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor. Blend until creamy.
- You can add sweetener and/or extra cocoa if you wish!
- divide into 4 parts and use 1 part per Zownie