This cake hits all the criteria for being awesome – only 5-ingredients, great macros, easy to make, and delicious! This cake is gluten-free and I have a ‘mug-cake’ option as well as the oven-baked option. The original credit for this recipe goes to @minimalist.iifym on instagram, who has a ton of minimal-ingredient, macro-friendly recipes that I recommend checking out. I saw this cake recipe the day before I got the new PEScience Cake Pop Protein flavor, and knew I just had to try it.
Macros for the cake: 32p 27c 3f (263kcals) … However, this can easily be cut in half for a cake that is just 131kcals if that’s all the room you have 🙂
RECIPE – MUG Cake Version:
- Mix together the following ingredients in a large microwave-safe bowl or mug
- 35 grams (~1 scoop) PEScience Cake Pop protein (or any flavor)
- 120 grams (1/2cup) of unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Large egg whites (~60ish grams)
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 TBSP of sprinkles (or other topping of choice)
- Microwave for 45-60seconds, stir
- Microwave 30 seconds, stir
- Repeat step 3 until you reach a “cake” (until it’s solidified)
- Add toppings if desired! I used a little bit of Light&Fit 0% Vanilla greek yogurt to frost my cake along with some extra sprinkles 🙂
For Oven baked version:
- Oven should be heated to 350F
- Use the same batter and pour mix into 2-3 different cupcake or brownie molds (I like to use these silicone molds)
- Bake for about 25-30minutes until done
I think the possible combinations for this cake recipe are endless (by varying protein powder flavor and mix-ins) so have fun with it. Tag us if you try it!
Tag us if you try!